Thursday, January 31, 2008

A few upcoming conferences

Next month I'll be at the National Pastors Convention in San Diego, Feb. 26-29. IVP is a cosponsor, and many of our authors are speakers and workshop leaders there, including N. T. Wright, Brenda Salter McNeil, Andy Crouch and Ruth Haley Barton. Last year at NPC I presented a few workshops on suburban stuff and had an invigorating time interacting with people from across the country. This year I'll be meeting with authors and such. If you'll be at the conference, stop by the IVP booth and say hi - I'll be hanging around.

Another conference that I have not yet decided if I'll be attending is the Asian American Leadership Conference in Fullerton, CA, March 24-26. This one also features a number of IVP authors that I've worked with, including Ken Fong, Paul Tokunaga, Nikki Toyama-Szeto and Soong-Chan Rah. Looks like a great event; I heard good things about the first AALC a few years ago. One of the conference planners, Tom Steers of the Navigators, also tipped me off to a related event, the Southeast Asian Leadership Summit, March 13-15th in Herndon, VA, hosted by Open Door Presbyterian Church, which was one of the churches profiled in IVP's Growing Healthy Asian American Churches. I'm glad that more conferences like these exist these days, and I hope that they are helpful for many.

No comments: