Monday, March 03, 2008

I Have a Voice - Down syndrome awareness

I'm now back in the office after being out last week, and I'm swamped with piles of stuff so I don't have much time to blog, but let me just post this YouTube video that a friend forwarded to me. It was produced by GiGi's Playhouse, a Down syndrome awareness center based here in the Chicagoland area. Our family goes to GiGi's Playhouse Too (which is slightly closer to us), and Elijah always enjoys going there and interacting with other kids and families. In an era when increased prenatal screening often leads to termination of pregnancies just because kids have an extra chromosome, GiGi's is doing great work to demonstrate the value, worth and humanity of people with Down syndrome. Anyway, roll the video . . .

3 comments:

Keri Wyatt Kent said...

Al
loved your post on CTI re: seeing thru tears. Gigi and her family live in my area.
so glad to have discovered your blog. And your Suburban christian book rocks!!
Keri

Al Hsu said...

Thanks, Keri! Glad you liked the CT piece and the book. Thanks for stopping by and commenting; maybe see you at ICRS or something. Peace -

Al

Christa Allan said...

Wonderful! My daughter with DS and her twin (who does not have DS) will be 25 next month. She's taught me more than I could ever have learned without her.